Humanity and Nature ModuleChief: Kunio Araya
Vision / Mission
We will provide countermeasures against biodiversity crisis in recent years through establishing of the largest center of excellence of biodiversity research in Asia in order to clarify and conserve biodiversity in Asian and Oceanian Regions and to sustainably use of ecosystem functions and services.
Research Output/Outcomes in 2019
- Visited Taiwan to discuss on MOU between Taipei Zoo and Q-AOS and to conduct field research (June).
- Visited Tsushima Is. and Kagoshima to conduct field research with guest speakers of Kick-off Symposium (July).
- Visited Goto Is. to check out the place for field research with guest speakers after Cluster Symposium (August).
- Attended the 58th Annual Meeting of the Herpetological Society of Japan to discuss with researcher from Asian countries (November).
- Visited Otaru University of Commerce and Kushiro City Museum to discuss on SOLVE for SDGs. (January).
- Visited local insular government of Okinawa Pref. to discuss on SOLVE for SDGs.
Research Plan of 2020
- We will visit Taipei Zoo to meet new director and discuss on the future cooperation with Q-AOS in June.
- We will conduct field research in Vietnam and Cambodia on the basis of collaboration of each local institution in Summer.
- We will attend the Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of Japan and field research with guest speakers of Q-AOS Symposium in September.
- We will conduct field research in Laos and Myanmar on the basis of collaboration of each local institution in Autumn