Earth System ModuleChief: Kaoru Ichikawa
Vision / Mission
We will provide countermeasures against unpredictable global climate in recent years through taking measures against global environmental changes based on the data from the monitoring system of weather and ocean in the Pan-Pacific.
Research Output/Outcomes in 2019
- E-mail discussion with Dr. Yang of Taiwan Ocean Research Institute (TORI) and Prof. Tseng of National Sun Yat-sen Univ.(NSYU), Taiwan due to postponement.
- E-mail discussion with Prof. Honzawa of Chulalongkorn Univ., Associate Prof. Buranapratheprat of Burapha Univ. and Mr.Otsuka of JICA Thai Branch, Thailand, respectively due to postponement.
Research Plan of 2020
- 2020 May-June, we will visit Taiwan Ocean Research Institute (TORI) to establish extended MOU between TORI and RIAM, National Sun Yat-sen Univ.(NSYU) to prepare MOU between NCKU and RIAM and National Cheng Kung Univ. (NCKU) to define data analysis methods for regular data exchanges.
- 2020 Summer-Autumn, we will visit Chulalongkorn Univ., Burapha Univ.,and JICA Thai Branch, Thailand, for detail planning for multi-copter experiments
- 2020 Winter we will conduct Multi-copter observations observations for height measurements of garbage hills, as sources of micro-plastic marine debris, in Thailand.
- 2020 Autumn-Winter we will Visit to Indonesia (Badan Pengkajian dan Teknologi; BPPT) and/or Philippine (Univ. of the Philippines Visayas; UPV)to discuss possible cooperation in observing Indonesian through flow in the Sulawesi Seas.