Security Issues ModuleChief: Takeshi Onimaru
Vision / Mission
Conducting research on Security Issues in Asia and Oceania, identifying the root causes through the political, economic, social, and historical survey, and trying to find feasible solutions.
Research Output/Outcomes in 2019
- Organizing the International Workshop on “Climate Change, Natural Disaster, and Security in Southeast Asia”.
- Launching the international joint research project with the Welcome Unit for the History of Medicine, Oxford University, on the History of Public Health and Policing.
- Planning a joint research project with Otaru University of Commerce on Aqua-Human Environment.
- Conducting a trial of “On Site Education” with students at Okinawa and Hokkaido.
Research Plan of 2020
(1) International joint research project on the History of Public Health and Policing in Asia with Oxford University
(2) Joint research project on security, history, and governance in maritime world
- Establishing a model of “On Site Education”
- Hosting a International Workshop on Urban Security and Development