Disaster Prevention ModuleChief: Kazuto Misumi
Vision / Mission
This module tries to reveal social and political factors to mitigate damages from natural disasters, and to co-create methods to recover from natural disasters with society and people.
Research Output/Outcomes in 2019
- Conducting a research on the problems of the shelter management after the earthquake in Kumamoto.
- Jointly organizing the seminars with local people in Kumamoto to reconsider experiences on Kumamoto earthquake and also to draw the lessons from it by utilizing a “Cross-Road” game.
- Making the “Cross-Road” game based on Kumamoto earthquake.
Research Plan of 2020
(1) The role of community and human network to mitigate the impact of disaster and to recover from damages of disaster
(2) Reconstruction historical relics from natural disasters
- On-Site and On-Demand Education for disaster prevention in Kumamoto