Faculty / ResearcherShintaro UEDA
Shintaro UEDA, Ph.D. Research Assistant Professor (Research Fellow)
- Medicine and Health Cluster
- Telemedicine, Network security
Born in Kagoshima Prefecture in 1977. Received B.S. degree in Information and Computer Science from Keio University in 2002, and M.S. and Ph.D. degree in Open and Environment Systems in 2005 and 2008 respectively. Carried out research on systems that utilizes ICT and Web application security at a private firm and entered the Telemedicine Development Center of Asia (TEMDEC) at Kyushu University Hospital as a Research Assistant Professor.
Carried out research on real-time authentication for video streaming during my doctorate period. At TEMDEC, many international remote education teleconferences are carried out to educate doctors all over the world. Roughly 40% of our activities are on the topic, early gastric cancer diagnosis. I have conducted research on the standardization of the quality of endoscopy images during remote education teleconferences, an image sharing system which enables the synchronization of annotation (mouse cursor, drawing) on movie clip, and how to activate discussion amongst doctors during a teleconference.
Relevant Countries in Asia & Oceania:
Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mongolia, India, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Korea, China, New Zealand, Australia, Kyrgyzstan, Eastern Russia
Committee roles and Outreach activities:
Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Japan Society of Educational Technology
This institute is composed by researchers of various fields. So, first thing is first, I would like to take time to get to know one another and to comprehend their specialties. I believe that by sharing each other’s’ research, we can connect dots to further expand our specialty fields and carry out research that only we at QAOS can do.
Kyushu University Academic Staff Educational and Research Activities Database
List of Selected Publications:
- Shintaro Ueda, Kuriko Kudo, Shunta Tomimatsu，Tomohiko Moriyama, Shuji Shimizu, Students’ perspective toward the rapid shift to online teaching due to the COVID-19 pandemic: a case at Kyushu University School of Medicine, ⽇本教育⼯学会 2021年春季全国⼤会, 2021.03.
- Kuriko Kudo, Shintaro Ueda, Shunta Tomimatsu, Yasuaki Antoku, Tatsuro Kudo, Takuya Kimura, Tomohiko Moriyama, Noriko Isobe, Shuji Shimizu, Developing Course Objectives for Engineering Training Programs in Remote Medical Education in Asia, ⽇本教育⼯学会 2021年春季全国⼤会, 2021.03.
- Shintaro Ueda, Kuriko Kudo, Tomohiko Moriyama, Shunta Tomimatsu, Shuji Shimizu, Barriers against and Improvement Measures of Discussion during Bilateral Video-conferencing in an Early Gastric Cancer Case Study, APAMI2020 11th Biennial Conference of the Asia-Pacific Association for Medical Informatics, 77-81, 2020.11.
- Kuriko Kudo, Shintaro Ueda, Hidefumi Shitoh, Tetsuya Narikiyo, Shunta Tomimatsu, Sunao Watanabe, Takahiro Nakahara, Naoki Nakashima, Tomohiko Moriyama, Toshiaki Nakano, Shuji Shimizu, Participants’ Evaluation of a Virtual Academic Conference: Report from the 24th Japan Association of Medical Informatics Spring Symposium, APAMI2020 11th Biennial Conference of the Asia-Pacific Association for Medical Informatics, 71-76, 2020.11.
- Shunta Tomimatsu, Kuriko Kudo , Tomohiko Moriyama, Shintaro Ueda, Yasuyuki Hirai, Shuji Shimizu, Technical Support for Rapid Replacement of Face to face Events with Online Events due to the COVID 19 Pandemic: a Case Study from Kyushu University Hospital, APAMI2020 11th Biennial Conference of the Asia-Pacific Association for Medical Informatics, 66-70, 2020.11.
- Shimizu S, Tomimatsu S, Kudo K, Ueda S, Kekalih A, Makmun D, Estiasari R, Oki A, Moriyama T, Remote Medical Education in Indonesia: Analysis of 10 Years of Activities, Journal of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth, 8, e6, 1-8, 2020.08.
- Shunta Tomimatsu, Kuriko Kudo, Shuji Shimizu, Tomohiko Moriyama, Shintaro Ueda, Yasuyuki Hirai, An exploratory analysis of technical issues in remote education between international medical institutions, AHFE Virtual Conference on Usability and User Experience, the Virtual Conference on Human Factors and Assistive Technology, the Virtual Conference on Human Factors and Wearable Technologies, and the Virtual Conference on Virtual Environments and Game Design, 2020, 181-188, 2020.07.
- 工藤孔梨子, 森山智彦, 上田真太郎, 富松俊太, 清水周次, アジア発展途上国を対象とした遠隔医療教育技術研修の実施と評価, 日本遠隔医療学会雑誌, 15, 2, 119-122, 2019.09.
- 富松俊太, 工藤孔梨子, 上田真太郎, 森山智彦, 平井康之, 清水周次, 技術環境の指標作成を目的とした国際間の医療教育における遠隔会議の機材構成分類, 日本遠隔医療学会雑誌, 15, 2, 115-118, 2019.09.
- Kudo K, Moriyama T, Tomimatsu S, Ueda S, Shimizu S, A Train-the-Trainers (TtT) Program for Engineers for Hosting Multiparty International Clinical Teleconferences, J Int Soc Telemed eHealth, 7, 16, 1-8, 2019.03.
- Shintaro Ueda, Kuriko Kudo, Tomohiko Moriyama, Yoshinori Suyama, Shuji Shimizu, A step forward in sharing images during telemedicine conferences, 日本遠隔医療学会雑誌, 14, 2, 151-154, 2018.11.
- Shintaro Ueda, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada, NAL Level Stream Authentication for H.264/AVC, IPSJ Journal, 48, 2, 614-624, 2008.02.
- Shintaro Ueda, Yasutaka Shinzaki, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada, “H.264/AVC Stream Authentication at the Network Abstraction Layer,” Proceedings of the Annual IEEE SMC Information Assurance Workshop, 302-308, June 2007.
- 川口信隆, 重野寛, 上田真太郎, 塩澤秀和, 岡田謙一, サイレントワーム検知のためのアノマリコネクションツリーメソッド, 日本情報処理学会論文誌, 48, 2, 614-624, 2007.02.
- Shintaro Ueda, Shin-ichiro Kaneko, Nobutaka Kawaguchi, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada,“ Authenticating Video Streams, ”The IEEE 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications(AINA 2006), Vol.1, 863-868, April 2006.
- Nobutaka Kawaguchi, Yusuke Azuma, Shintaro Ueda, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada,“ACTM: Anomaly Connection Tree Method to detect Silent Worms,” The IEEE 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications(AINA 2006), Vol.1, pp.901-906, April 2006.
- Shintaro Ueda, Shinichiro Kaneko, Nobutaka Kawaguchi, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada, A Real-Time Stream Authentication Scheme for Video Streams, IPSJ Journal, 47, 2, 415-425, 2006.02.
- Nobutaka Kawaguchi, Shintaro Ueda, Naohiro Obata, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada,“ An Image Authentication Scheme considering Privacy -A First Step towards a Surveillance Camera Authentication, ”The First International Workshop on Information Networking and Applications(INA’2005), pp.253-256, March 2005.
- Shintaro Ueda, Nobutaka Kawaguchi, Hiroshi Shigeno, Ken-ichi Okada,“Stream Authentication Scheme for the use over the IP Telephony, ”The 18th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications(AINA 2004), 164-169, March 2004.
- 上田真太郎, 江藤秀一, 川口信隆, 宇田隆哉, 重野寛, 岡田謙一, IP電話を想定したリアルタイム性を持つストリーム認証方式, 情報処理学会論文誌, 45, 2, 605-613, 2004.02.